The stands are:
- 2m high
- 2 * 1m width in V shape
- Table and chairs
The material used on your stand as to be, at least, in English and you are invited to prepare the presentation of your project in English. By courtesy for the visitors, you are invited to prepare some in Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian langiage.
In Bosnia and Herzegovina the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz.
In Bosnia and Herzegovina the power plug sockets are of type F. Check out the following pictures.
A plug adaptor may be required for non-European appliances.
To check if your appliance or device needs a plug adaptor please visit
A power converter is necessary for appliances requiring 110 V.
The accommodation will be offered in the Hotel Hollywood**** in close vicinity of the expo venue.
You will be accommodated in three-person rooms. Partially filled rooms shall be completed with people from other delegation(s) of the same gender, category and age range. We kindly ask you to fill the rooming list.
Download the rooming list template (to be uploaded within the registration system).
English is the official language of the event.
You shall be able to present your project in English and the material used on your stand as to be, at least, in English. By courtesy for the visitors, you are invited to prepare some materials in Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian language.
How to get there?
Sarajevo International Airport is located only 12 kilometers from the center of Sarajevo, and only 4 km from ESE 2024 venue. It serves as a connection to many European cities and to the rest of the world through major international airline hubs, such as Istanbul, Vienna, Berlin, Munich, Zurich… The airports in Tuzla and Mostar, both of which are about a two-hour drive from Sarajevo, handle flights made by low-cost airlines.
Pick up is organized at Sarajevo International Airport.
Note: You may land in Tuzla and then arrive to Sarajevo via a bus line.
More information on: https://sarajevo-airport.ba/
Sarajevo is connected to many European cities by direct bus lines. The local company Centrotrans Eurolines bus company (www.centrotrans.com) connects Sarajevo with Austria, Belgium, Montenegro, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, Croatia, Germany, Slovenia and Serbia.
You may also consider checking Flixbus or some other international bus ticket retailer.
By other mean of transport
Address: Dr. Mustafe Pintola 23, Ilidža 71210 – Hotel Hollywood
For taxi we recommend Sarajevo Taxi. Just dial 1515!
Rideshare apps such as Uber are unfortunatelly not available in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The event will take place between 15th and 20th July 2024.
First/last meal to be served is the lunch.
Is ESE a competition?
The MILSET Expo-Sciences Europe is a non-competitive event. No comparison and ranking between the projects will be undertaken.
If you need a VISA to come:
- The participant has to complete the registration information online;
- The participant requests his invitation from the organiser once the registration is completed;
- The organiser issues the invitation and the accommodation reservation and makes them available in the online registration system;
- The participant fulfils all requirements needed and handle his/her request with the embassy or consulate in charge for Bosnia and Herzegovina visas.
- The participant is fully responsible to handle the visa in due time and to provide all required documents to obtain it;
- The organisers will not be responsible if a participant does not receive the visa on time to travel;
- The visa request should be entered at least 2 months in advance;
- The participant wishing to extend their stay must be able to justify the additional time (hotel booking, etc.) when requesting its visa.
Who can participate?
- Organisations and institutions affiliated to MILSET Europe can register directly (check the list here)
- Organisations and institutions not affiliated to MILSET Europe need to contact the organising committee to request their accreditation
- Direct registrations of individuals are not authorised.
The participants must carry a project they have realised on a scientific or technical topic. This projects will be showcase to the public during the event.
The participants must be between 14 and 25 years old with a maximum of 4 participants per project.
Fees & ratio
The participation fee is of:
The service provided is covering the period from the morning on 15th July to the morning of 20th July 2024 and includes the meals**, accommodation***, local transport and official activities. They are to be paid prior the event and are not refundable after 15th June****.
* The member list is available on: https://milset.org/milset/web/members
** The meals will be provided from the lunch on 15th July till the breakfast on 20th July included.
*** The organisers keep the possibility to board you with a participant from another delegation taking care on your gender and age.
**** The transfer costs are at your charge.
The allowed ratio of supervisors (including heads of delegation) is calculated as follow:
- Up to 1 extra supervisor each group of 4 participants
- 1 head of delegation if the delegation is at least 3 participants
Participants 1-2 3-4 5-8 9-12 13-16 17-20 … 50 Supervisors up to 1 up to 2 up to 3 up to 4 up to 5 up to 6 … up to 14
A maximum of 50 head, participants, supervisors & press by country. Non-European organisations are limited to 10 participants.
Please note, extra supervisors or persons not registered on arrival will be considered as visitors and will be responsible of their stay. They will have access to the expo during the public hours and will not have access to any other activities.
When is the registration deadline?
The registration deadline has been extended to 15th June 2024. Would you conduct your selection pass that date, please contact us prior the deadline.
All participants must be covered by an insurance for the period of the event.
The organisers commit the provided personal data is only used within the scope of the event, not to forward them to third party and to keep them for a maximum 3 years.
You are between 17 and 25, fluid in English, available between 15th and 20th July 2024 and willing to be part of an international team?!
Join the MILSET Expo-Sciences Europe 2024 as volunteer and make this event a great success!
We provide full boarding, while travel expenses are on you to Sarajevo Interantional Airport.
Interested, fill in the form here bellow: