The participants are expected from Monday 16th July till Sunday 22th July 2018. No pick up at/drop off to the airports will be organised out of the given frame.
The stands contain: wall, table and one or two chairs.
The dimensions are:
- For the projects with only posters: 2,5m (H) * 1m (W) table and chair.
- For the other projects: 2,5m (H) * 2m (W) table and a chair.
You are invited to have material in English on your stand.
How to get there?
From Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport
You will be welcomed by ESE volunteers and provided with transport services to Arena Gdynia or your accommodation place (depending on the time you arrive)
From Warsaw Chopin/Modlin Airports
From Warsaw Chopin Airport to Warsaw Central Railway Station (Warszawa Centralna)
- Bus 175 running daily between 04:27 – 22:58
From Warsaw Modlin Airport to Warsaw Central Railway Station (Warszawa Centralna)
- Modlin Bus (Warsaw Modlin Airport Line): https://www.modlinbus.com (available in English)
- Fast Urban Railway (SKM Szybka Kolej Miejska) from Warsaw Chopin Airport to Warsaw Central Railway Station (Warszawa Centralna)
Warsaw Central Railway Station (Warszawa Centralna) – Gdynia Main Railway Station (Dworzec Główny Gdynia)
- Train timetable on: http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en (available in English)
- Tickets available on-line – purchase on spot may not be possible due to lack of seats available
Gdynia Main Railway Station (Dworzec Główny Gdynia)
- You will be welcomed by ESE volunteers and provided with transport services to Arena Gdynia or your accommodation place (depending on the time you arrive)
Nationals of most third countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) are under an obligation to hold a visa for a proposed stay of a maximum duration of 3 months on the territory of the SCHENGEN States. If you need a VISA to come to Poland:
- The participant have to complete the registration information online;
- The participant requests his invitation to the organiser once the registration is completed;
- The organiser issues the invitation and the accommodation reservation and make them available into the online registration system;
- The participant fulfils all requirements needed and handle his/her request with the embassy or consulate in charge for Poland visas. To note, this might be handled by another Schengen embassy.
- The participant is fully responsible to handle its visa in due time and to provide all required documents to obtain it;
- The organisers will not be responsible if a participant does not receive his visa on time to travel;
- The visa request should be entered at least 2 months in advance;
- The visa costs 60€ + the administrative cost;
- The participant wishing to extend its stay must be able to justify the additional time (hotel booking, etc.) when requesting its visa.
What is the cultural evening?
Cultural evening is a special evening during which ESE participants will have the opportunity to find out more about the culture and traditions of the participating countries.
We are inviting representatives of all the participating countries to run various activities during ESE 2018: organize workshops, prepare exhibitions, make a presentation about their culture or traditions.
Please, send the proposals of presentations/exhibitions/workshops to: email@example.com
We will choose the most interesting options. Deadline for Your proposals is June 17th .
Cultural evening will be held on July 19th, 2018, 19.30-21.30.
Plug type E compatible with type F
More information on: http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/typeE.htm
All participants must be covered by an insurance for the period of the event.
The accommodation will be operated in the students houses of Politechnika Gdańska (Stanisława Wyspiańskiego street 9, 80-432 Gdańsk, Poland).
You will be accommodated in apartments. Partially filled rooms shall be completed with people from other delegation(s) of the same gender, category and age range. We kindly ask you to fill the rooming list.
One apartment consist of:
- One single room
- One double room
Breakfast will be served at the venue of exhibition.
Download the rooming list template
Is ESE a competition?
ESE 2018 is a non-competitive event. No comparison and ranking between the projects will be undertaken.
Who can participate?
- Organisations and institutions affiliated to MILSET can register directly (check the list here)
- Organisations and institutions not affiliated to MILSET need to contact the organising committee once registered in the system to ask for their accreditation
- Direct registrations of individuals are not authorised.
The participants must carry a project they have realized on a scientific or technical topic. This projects will be showcase to the public during the event.
The participants must be between 14 and 25 years old.
Fees & ratio
The participation fee is of:
The fee is covering the period from the morning 16th July to the afternoon 22th July 2018 and includes the meals**, accommodation***, local transport and official activities. They are to be paid prior the event and are not refundable after 15th June****.
* The member list is available on: http://organisations.milset.org
** The meals will be provided from the lunch on 16th July till the breakfast on 22th July included.
*** The organisers keep the possibility to board you with a participant from another delegation taking care on your gender and age.
**** The transfer costs are at your charge.
The allowed ratio of supervisors (including heads of delegation) is calculated as follow:
- Up to 1 extra supervisor each group of 4 participants
- 1 head of delegation if the delegation is at least 3 participants
Participants 1-2 3-4 5-8 9-12 13-16 17-20 … 50 Supervisors up to 1 up to 2 up to 3 up to 4 up to 5 up to 6 … up to 14
A maximum of 50 head, participants, supervisors & press by country. Please note, extra supervisors or persons not registered on arrival will be considered as visitors and will be responsible of their stay. They will have access to the expo during the public hours and will not have access to any other activities.
When is the registration deadline?
The registration deadline is set on 1st May 2018. Would you conduct your selection pass that date, please contact us.